Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Happy Holiday For All

I'm sorry to be away from the blog for so long, but alas, I am still sick. As soon as I "recovered" from the strep throat I caught at Thanksgiving, only days later I came down with pink eye (I got the strep bacteria in my eyes- not fun). I've had it for over a week now and I'm still plagued with a bit of vision issues, so I'll make this post short.

With me being sick for almost a month now, I was never able to get around enough to decorate for Christmas. James offered to take care of everything for me, but since I was always sick and tired, I decided to skip it this year. I know, it's a lame excuse, but after working all day long, hanging Christmas lights in the front yard was the last thing on my list. So I was very much a Scrooge this year- no tree, no decorations, no baking, no cards. Very unlike me, a person who picked out their house just because the ceilings were tall enough to fit the Christmas tree- which makes it even more ironic that I didn't put the tree up this holiday, the first in our new home.

But my parents did come up here for a few days to visit with us and celebrate Christmas, and that lifted my spirits a great deal. Mom was here to cook a wonderful meal, and I don't care how old you are, you always love to eat Mom's home cooking especially at the holidays!

Although the cats got plenty of gifts of their own, they made sure they were always up in the middle of everyone else's goodies.









Grandma Pat got everyone new outfits for Christmas, but no one seemed eager to try anything on. Romeo did stop long enough for me to take a photo. Doesn't he look too cute in his Christmas cape??



Although it was cold, it was beautiful weather for the weekend. My dad and I both couldn't stop taking pictures of the sunset from my back deck. He said it rivaled the sunsets in Florida, although I may have to disagree with him there.



We finished off the holidays by winding down and just relaxing, and General found his new favorite spot in the living room. Any closer and he will burn off his white whiskers!



My parents made it back safely to Florida this afternoon, and tomorrow we are back to work for a four-day week. It will be busy for me, but I am ready to get it going and get it over with. Although we rested and had a quiet Christmas, James and I have quite a big New Year's planned so hopefully I will have more fun stuff to blog about soon.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and holiday season!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to here you've been so sick!! Glad your P's came for Christmas so you could have some fun though! Hope you feel better soon! Have a Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back and feeling better! Looks like General is right in the thick of things - and I'm surprised they let you dress them up at all! Woodie used to hate that stuff so much - I remember trying to get him to wear antlers and he walked backwards trying to get out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that you're feeling better. The kitties look ever so happy!
    Have a Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete