Monday, January 2, 2012

Let's Get It Going Again!

I was reminded today by a friend on my Facebook page, that I hadn't blogged in a very very long time. Family members have told me they've missed my blog as well, as it was the one way they could keep up with everything that James and I have been up to. It's true- I've become lazy and have been 100% dependent on Facebook because it's SO easy to just load all my photos in an album and upload. Blogging does take up a lot more time, and I can only put a few photos on each post. But, I get to write a lot more. I promised myself I'd get the blog going again in 2012.

I found about 4 posts that I started in 2011 and never finished, so first order of business will be to get back to those. Then to start catching up- James and I have, as usual, been busy busy busy on the weekends and taking lots of trips.

Work has been staggeringly overwhelming, in terms of stress and hours on the job. 2011 was probably the roughest year of my entire life, as far as work goes. I've been doing accounting and working in an office since I was out of high school at age 17, and I just turned 45 this weekend. And for me to say that 2011 was the toughest ever, and I really really mean it!!- then I want you to all know I am hoping for better times ahead.

Not only did we have the computer conversion which was grueling and took months, then we had lay-offs that decimated a third of our staff in finance yet did not alleviate any of the work load. The last few weeks I've been surviving on four hours of sleep, Cheetos, and ice cream. It's not much of a life right now, but I wholeheartedly appreciate my job and my paycheck. Just trying desperately to find a balance between the hours at work, and the little bit of free time I have at home.

I promise I'll be back on here regularly again, and looking for new blogs to follow. Thanks and Happy 2012!

(Romeo in his Christmas outfit)

No comments:

Post a Comment