Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Struck Oil!


I stole this photo off my dad's blog! Thanks Dad! This is an oil painting I did last year, I gave it to my mom and when I was in Florida, she and I went to Michael's to pick out a frame for it. Looks like she got it back. I have to confess, this is the ONLY oil painting I've ever done, I had never ever used oils before and sadly, I haven't used them since. This was a big painting, I seem to remember it was a 16 x 20 canvas? I'm not sure, but it's on my EBSQ page. It was actually a class project, I painted it in one day (it was an eight hour class). I found it was an interesting medium to work with, but it was also difficult because of the slow drying time. I still like acrylics the best, but I will say that I would love to do another big piece like this again. The class was a lot of fun!

4 comments:

  1. It's very pretty - I love the palms silhouetted against the sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I wish I had your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful painting. Love the colorful "Sanibel" style sky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful, Sandy - wish you would paint more (hint hint hint)!

    ReplyDelete