Thursday, August 13, 2009

Another Lazy Day



Wow, I'm finding it hard to come up with post titles these days, and even the posts themselves! Not much is going on around our house right now, as you can see from the photos of yesterday. This is pretty much how the kitties spent their day, in "their" room (it's really the sunroom but it's where we keep all their toys). Spider as usual spent most of the day out on the deck, she cries to go out there as soon as we get up in the morning and doesn't want to come in until dark. Most of the time, I just let her stay out there, but I go to the window at least every fifteen minutes to sneak a peek out there to make sure she's okay. Yesterday we had a big thunderstorm, and I was surprised when she didn't even flinch at the loud booms. Once it started raining, however, she wanted in.

Another session with my massage therapist yesterday. Last week I was pretty much pain free, but started to hurt over the weekend, and for most of this week I have been in a lot of pain. She worked on a different set of muscles in my leg and glutes, and told me to take it easy for a few days but don't sit around too much. Okay, that's confusing advice. Sleep evaded me last night and I had to unfortunately dip into the old pain meds again. I haven't been able to get on the treadmill since sometime last week, so that is a disappointment for me. But, I do see a light at the end of this tunnel, so I will just keep heading towards it.

The neighbor kitty, aka Olivia, is no longer welcomed at my house! This morning as I sat checking emails, I looked out the window to see her dashing into the brush across the street, and emerging with a young bunny dangling from her mouth. I ran outside in my bare feet to try and chase her down to make her let go of it, but she took off faster than I could ever hope to run. I know, it's a cat's nature. And that's why my kitties are indoor only! Well, except for my sunshine loving Spider, but she is way too fat and way too lazy...like her mama!

Everyone have a nice day!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pic of all the black cats laying around. Too funny!!

    Also liking the new header picture. Gets me back to thinking about my current count down... Just 8 more weeks until my week on Sanibel!!! I can't wait! We so need a little break around here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wish I could sleep like your kitties. Sleep eludes me every night...comes with old age! Your house looks great can't wait to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete