Monday, August 31, 2009

Start Of A New Week



Monday mornings are always busy at our house, mostly because I'm catching up on "chores" I didn't get to over the weekend. Laundry, vacuuming, answering emails, blogging. Today the cats are all hanging out with me in the office (General and Romeo above) and for some reason everyone seems to be fighting already this morning. Now General is currently serving a timeout sentence in the guest bedroom, where he will stay for awhile until he calms down a bit. Below is the little hummingbird who comes to the feeder outside the office window. He's here pretty much every morning, as soon as the sun comes up.



Below is the rain gauge in the front flowerbed, and as you can see we've gotten a good bit recently. Yesterday it was pretty much all day long, and last week we had several days of severe weather. But I'm not complaining, because I haven't had to drag the hose or sprinklers out in many weeks now. All of my bulbs are finished blooming already, and only a few of my perennials have any flowers, but since this is the first year for everything, I'm not expecting a big show. The veggies continue to produce and I can't keep up we have so many peppers and tomatoes.



This weekend James finished up the work in the laundry room, and I now have a good deal of shelving in there, enough to keep all of my cleaning supplies, plus an extra rack to hang up the clothes as they come out of the dryer. I am very thankful to have such a handy husband. The extra storage and new, brighter lighting is much appreciated! I've never minded doing laundry, but having an organized space to work in makes it even easier.





Our next project is going to be installing ceiling fans. We went to Lowe's to pick out a few models (one of our choices, below) and inquired about installation. They charge a mind-boggling $100 per fan to install, so we're going to see if we can do some of them ourselves since we have a few good ladders. The ceilings in the four bedrooms are all between 11-13 feet high. But the sunroom is about 16 feet, and the living room is almost 20 feet. Not sure we will be able to do those two rooms, but I would rather shop around and find an electrician who is a bit more lower in cost than Lowe's. Who is not "low" after all!


2 comments:

  1. I love a good, organized laundry room - yours looks great!

    Reading your post made me realize that my cats don't fight. I hadn't thought about that...other sets of our cats fought occasionally, but these two never do. Must go give them an extra pat for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tos envidiables que transmiten armon nuestras mascotas que sn uno más de la familia...gracias por compartir.Formais una pareja adorable.Con cariño desde España..besosVictoria

    ReplyDelete