Friday, May 14, 2010

My New Trick



So I just have to say, you are never too old to learn! And here is my proof (above). My mom told me that if I cut off the ends of green onions, I can grow new ones! Sure enough, the last batch of green onions I bought at the grocery store, I cut off the white ends, dried them out, and planted them in a container on our back patio. And within just a few weeks (I'm talking 3-4), ta-dah!- and look what I picked last night! Fresh green onions! Wow, I wonder if I just keep cutting off the ends every time and keep planting them, will I have an endless supply of green onions? Would that be sort of creepy-weird to keep "eating" the same onion over and over again.....? Sadly I don't use them that often in recipes, this was more of an experiment than anything. But I thought it was pretty cool. Thanks Mom!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment