Friday, May 7, 2010

Playing Catch Up Again

Sorry I have been away for awhile, just a quick post to catch up on life at the Truan home. I haven't had the time, and mainly the energy, for blogging lately. I am recovering from "walking" pneumonia. After a week of fever, sometimes 104 degrees, I finally broke down and went to the doctor, where they quickly put me on a strong antibiotic. I thought it was just a sinus infection. For about two weeks, I did little but go to work then come home to fall into the bed. Good thing my husband knows how to cook, because I did little in the way of taking care of him for many many days.

This is the end of week three of it for me, and I am feeling good again finally- still a bit of congestion and still don't feel like I can get a d-e-e-p breath. But I can't slack off, as I mentioned before I got Employee of the Month, so no calling out sick, ha ha. My sweet hubby decorated my cubicle for the occasion. I don't know what crazy people at work voted for me, but I appreciate them all.




Last weekend we made our monthly rounds to check on the shuttle sites for work. It was for "April", but since I'd been sick we postponed it into May. We made a stop at a brand new Bass Pro Shop in Macon, where we picked up four new pennies for the collection. We also stopped at a state farmers' market where we loaded up on local tomatoes, potatoes, onions, and zucchini. My dear husband knows that I never ever miss a Kentucky Derby, so that first Saturday in May we got up at 4am in order to go check all the trucks, and be back home in time to watch the Run For The Roses. And wow, Calvin Borel did it again!! He is unstoppable.



We've both had unbelievably busy weeks at work lately. I even worked about six hours of overtime last week while I was sick, without complaint of course because I love my job and I'm so grateful to have it. And six hours is nothing- knowing, of course, that James works well over 40 hours a week- probably around 50-60 on a "normal" week, and no overtime pay for him!! I already know in advance that next week I will have a big big week with folks in my department on vacation, and several large projects that must be done. My boss today already told me, I will be working a lot of extra hours next week. I don't know how my husband does it day after day, year after year, because he works WAY more hours than anyone I know, and he has WAY more responsibility than I ever will. I would nominate him Employee of the Decade, if they would let me.



Yesterday James had a long long day, after working his normal "day", he had to return in the evening to have dinner with his night shift. Which he always does happily, because it's a reward for his hard working (and safety-minded!!) crew, and I'm always full of pride that he is so dedicated to the company and particularly the group of people he works with. So yesterday evening, he slipped away for just about two hours, and took in a little golf before heading back into work for the night. I went with him- I don't golf but it was fun just to hang out with him and walk the course- I make a terrible caddy by the way. He made it through ten holes before it was time to get back to the office. But it was a beautiful day, and I appreciate that he finds ways for us to spend time together. I got distracted quite a bit with all the ducks, geese, fish, and turtles all around the lake. Oh yes, and he parred four holes in a row!



He should be home any minute now, and we are headed off for a Friday night dinner out and a few errands. Then on towards Knoxville early Saturday morning, to spend the Mother's Day weekend with all the lovely Truan women. Now that I am feeling almost back to normal again, I will try to blog a little more frequently!


Happy Mother's Day to you all- especially my mom Pat and James' mom Carol!

No comments:

Post a Comment