Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Other Days

Well life for us doesn't stop just because vacation is over. Sunday night we took the MARTA up to the Atlanta Falcons game (below). It was a late one, the NBC Sunday night game at 8:30, against the Chicago Bears. It wasn't sold out, but it was probably the biggest crowd we've seen so far this year. Our seats are on a small row (with only 8 seats), and normally no one is ever on our row but us, but the seats were all full for the night. There were as many Bears fans there as Falcons fans, but I wasn't surprised. Everyone loves Da Bears. It was a nail-biter, and it kept us on the edge of our seats until the final seconds. But Atlanta won by a touchdown somehow. Too many turnovers on both sides that night, but it was exciting.



Knowing that it was going to be a late night, James scheduled the following Monday off. We had to wait around the house for someone to come out and do some work on our garage door, but eventually we headed off for the afternoon. As you can see, below, we have no logs in our gas fireplace. That's because we bought this house new, and the builder did not include them. We've had trouble finding logs, because our fireplace is open on both sides in two rooms. We have to buy double-sided logs. We've had no luck locally, so yesterday we had to drive to Stockbridge (hometown of Collective Soul) to find a fireplace store that carried the logs we needed. We ordered them and hopefully will have them installed sometime next week. We came home this week to very cool temps, 30's at night with a few days that never got out of the 40's. We're ready to have a fire.



Tomorrow morning I have a meeting with the human resources director for a job I applied for back in August. I interviewed for it twice, and tomorrow I go to receive the official offer of employment. Yay. They've completed a background check on me, and apparently I passed somehow?! So by next week, I should be once again gainfully employed full time. It's been a long time coming. I've almost forgotten what it was like to go to work every morning, but I'm looking forward to it. It's with my old company, and where James works (he doesn't want me mentioning it on the blog, but family and friends know it). I'd been with them for almost 8 years back in SC, and James I think has been there 14 years (not sure). So, I'm staying with the company family after all. Can't wait to get started there!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Congratulations on your new job - I really hope you like it and don't have any trouble getting back into the 9-5 groove. I'm very spoiled with wearing jeans and crocs to work - I tell people I have a very casual office!

    ReplyDelete