Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Please Adopt!!!


I know I already posted today, but I have to just remind everyone to please please please consider adopting a cat or dog from your local shelter! Our animal control here in Newnan is filled with loving and beautiful animals who just need another chance, and I know this is a situation seen in every town and county in the US. It saddens me to think of all the sweet, innocent animals who have ended up in shelters with a death sentence just because their owners are themselves facing financial hardships in this recession. I still see stories on the news about puppy mills, and I hear about people still breeding in their backyards and selling animals for hundreds of dollars, while just up the street at the local shelter sit lonely but hopeful cats and dogs. Our five cats were all rescues or strays we took in, and if I could I would adopt every animal that ended up at animal control. Our last two cats, Maarten and General (see photo), were adopted when we used Petfinder.com to locate a local kitten rescue group. These two wonderful little boys could have easily ended up at animal control or worse. While we are all tightening our belts and weathering the dismal economy, please consider saving the life of an animal going through their own crisis!!! Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment