Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ready For Spring!


Spring is finally starting to show up here in our neck of Georgia. After the big snow storm, we were back up into the 70's by the next weekend. It was so beautiful out that James and I went for a hike at a nearby state park. I made it 5 miles, while he completed the entire 6.7 mile loop. I was proud of myself, it was listed as a "moderate to difficult" trail, and it ended up having many spots where we literally had to climb up rocks. James was a great navigator, and we used our wonderful book "60 Hikes Within 60 Miles", for the Atlanta area. The book had exact details of the trail and we were able to follow it easily, even after the umpteenth time we crossed the same river and I said "Why do we keep going back and forth, why can't the trail just stay on one side!" It was a wonderful time for us to spend together. I was slow, but James was patient. And for our efforts we treated ourselves to a late lunch at The Redneck Gourmet, our favorite place in downtown Newnan. James promised we'd go on the trail again when I am more up to it, for now we will stick to the 2-3 mile trails until I am in better shape. In the meantime, I am just enjoying this absolutely beautiful weather we're having.

No comments:

Post a Comment