Thursday, April 2, 2009

Salad Days



You can tell when it's salad for dinner around our house (which is not often enough). I have

two very strange cats who love salad. I know that cats like to eat grass outside, but I suppose my indoor cats don't have that luxury. So Spider and General both have adopted the habit of eating lettuce. Their uncanny hearing abilities draw them into the kitchen whenever I am ripping leaves apart to wash. Spider has been doing this all of her life, General just started recently. Does anyone else's cats do this?? I have to pretty much fight them off to get to the lettuce, and I don't dare leave an unattended salad out on the kitchen counter because they will dig right in, grab a piece of lettuce, and run off joyfully with it. Of course, later that night, I find scattered shreds of green all over the living room. So, I'm not sure if they are actually eating the lettuce, or just playing with it?! (photo of General helping himself)

No comments:

Post a Comment