Sunday, May 24, 2009

Stormy Weather

This is just a quick post to say good-morning, then I will be off doing miscellaneous other things for the day, which includes reading your blogs and getting caught up. I know you've come to expect me to post photos of our gorgeous sunsets and sunrises, but this was our afternoon sky yesterday. It was not night time, all that darkness comes from storm clouds. Yes, we got as much of a storm as you would expect by looking at this, but it blew threw quickly, then it was back to normal.



James is on a hike this afternoon with his friend Dave- one that's too long and too treacherous for me. Dave makes a great stand-in. It's cloudy here right now, and hopefully they are having a nice dry hike. James worked hard all day yesterday: he had to go to his "real" job for several hours, then came home and did a lot of yard work, and spent the rest of the day putting together a total of five bookcases (photos later), well into the night after I'd gone to bed. He deserves the day off.

In other news, I stepped on the scale this morning to show a 2.5 pound loss since Friday morning. What, me? Lose weight on the weekends?? I certainly ate plenty this weekend, but it was a lot of whole grains, beans, and lean meats. Proof for me once again that it really does work for me. I hope to stop harping on this subject soon, but I am still just so amazed.

Have a great Sunday afternoon, I will talk to you all later!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous sky! I love storms, as long as they don't do any damage...

    Congrats on the weekend loss! Don't you just love all those high fiber, low cal, nutritious foods that keep you full??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but don't tell anyone, we ordered pizza today to watch the races! I am a hypocrite, but it sure tasted good................

    ReplyDelete