Tuesday, May 19, 2009

True But Weird Confession

I have a confession to make. One of my favorite "snacks" is croutons. Yes, those crunchy little salad toppers. I don't know if it qualifies as a food fetish, but I love to snack on them straight from the bag. I'm not one for chips or crackers, but when I get the munchies in the afternoon, I head for the produce drawer in our fridge, pull out the bag, and get a handful of these:



My favorite brand is Fresh Gourmet and my favorite flavor is the cornbread croutons (see below). They also have killer Multi-Grain Parmesan Caesar croutons that feature delicious pumpernickel bread! I don't know what it is about them, but they satisfy some kind of hankering that I get around late midday. Maybe it's a carb craving, I don't know, but a small handful of them seems to do the trick. When I go grocery shopping, I always buy two bags because I know one bag will go on our salads, but the other bag will disappear throughout the week as my daily snack!

What is your bizarre snack confession??



No comments:

Post a Comment